Workout of the Week: Cross Jack
A new twist on an old favorite! The cross jack will get your heart rate going while working your arms and legs. It’s the perfect way to start any exercise routine.
How to do it
- You’ll start this exercise by standing with your feet shoulder-width apart. Extend your arms out to your sides and reach out with your fingertips. Your palms should face down.
- Jump while simultaneously crossing your arms and legs in front of you. Your right arm should come over your left, and your right foot should come over your left foot.
- Jump back to the starting position.
- Jump while simultaneously crossing your arms the opposite way, left arm over right, left foot over right food. You’ve just completed one rep!
- Continuing doing cross jacks until you complete 20 reps.
Tip: Maintain an even pace without taking too long to rest between reps to work out your whole body and keep your heart rate up!
Want more fitness ideas? If you’re a Health Advocate member with access to the wellness coaching component of our Wellness Program, reach out to your Wellness Coach for more healthy ideas to get—and stay—fit. And remember, talk to your doctor before beginning any new fitness regimen.